Become an English Tutor
Are you an awesome teacher? Join the global community of English Tutors.
It is estimated that 2 billion people are learning English. An increasing number of these learners are now turning to the internet for a better English education. Become a tutor with ESL Tutor and start taking advantage of this massive and fast-growing market. Not only will you be able to make a full-time income, you will also meet interesting people from around the world.
Benefits of Becoming a Tutor on ESL Tutor
[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#F1AC1C”]
- It is FREE
- Intuitive scheduling system
- Retain up to 88% of your earnings
- Teach individuals or groups
- Earn points
- Improve your rank
- Get paid once a month
Let Students Find You.
Students can see your real-time calendar availability, self-select the time that works best for them, and easily book (and pay for!) their own appointments in advance, sparing you 89% of current headaches, mix-ups & grunts of frustration.
Get Started Now
Sign upCreating a new account on ESL Tutor is extremely simple. It literally only takes a few seconds and it is absolutely safe. Please note that we take privacy very seriously and we’ll never share your details.
So, if you haven’t signed up for an account on ESL Tutor yet, sign up for a free account below.
[userpro template=register type=tutor_signup]
Schedule your lessonsESL Tutor has partnered with a third-party to host the scheduling system for our tutors. This means we need to create an account for you on the third-party platform which you can then use to set up your availability, choose subjects to teach, and schedule your lessons.
In order to get a personal calendar, you need to fulfil one or more of the following requirements:
- Be a native English speaker
- Born in an English-speaking country – USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
- Been an English teacher for more than five years (non-native teachers only, proof will be required)
- Have a teaching degree with English as major (non-native teachers only, proof will be required)
Please fill in the following form to get started.
[gravityform id=”18″ name=”Calendar Request” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
Frequently Asked Questions
Application / Requirements
We have two options available:
1. Regular Tutor – Regular tutors are limited to one-on-one lessons which are all $22 per 45-minute lesson. ESL Tutor then deducts a commission from this amount before transferring the money to the tutor. The commission percentages range from 24% to 36% depending on your rank. Your rank will improve the more active you are on the site.
2. Pro Tutor – Pro Tutor membership is a paid membership at US$29.95 per month or $299.50 per year. Pro Tutors can have one-on-one lessons at $22 or group classes to which they can set their own prices. In addition, they can create self-study courses which they can sell on the website. All lessons and courses are subject to a commission deduction of between 12% and 24% depending on their rank.
If you’d like more control over how much money you can make, consider signing up for a Pro Tutor membership, which offers multiple income opportunities.